For some reason, I’ve kept a list of all the books I’ve read so far this year. Or at least all the adult books I’ve read this year. Because I’m me, I thought it could be a quarterly review. Here goes:
- Raising a Secure Child – this book changed my lens on parenting, from identifying the spoken desire to unpacking the actual need leading to tension in any situation.
- Oh Crap, I have a Toddler — maybe a best of all time kids book for me, or I just found it at a great moment (aka the transition from a two-year old to a three-year old). Articulated something I felt which is before 2, you have to adapt to a child’s needs. After 3, the child has to adapt to societies needs. Also GREAT information on setting boundaries as an adult.
- Do Nothing
- Minimalist Parenting
- Out of Office
- Stolen Focus
- How to Manage Your Home without Losing Your Mind
- One and Only
- Power of Fun
- Breast & Eggs — incredible. A female-focused book that doesn’t really go anywhere but deep inside the female mind in a surprisingly good and light way.
- South of the Border, West of the Sun — also so good! Just a beautiful love lost and found story.
- The Goblin Emperor
Basically a book a week, heavily tilted towards nonfiction reading focused on parenting and modern thinking about work.