Inspired by this, I wanted to start doing monthly reviews. Here we go!
1. What went well this month?
- Tracking my daily habits. Having a quantitative and visual way to track my daily habits gave me a lot more accountability and helped me more concrete about exactly what I was aiming for each day. The format also allowed for some built-in flexibility.
- Bringing back my work out buddy! When I started lifting, I become close friends with a fellow lady lifter. We worked 3x a week together for a few months. After I switched gyms, I worked out on my own which was fine. But now my workout buddy is back and workouts are the best mix of lifting and socializing.
- Taking some tech sabbaths. I define a tech sabbath as turning off my phone for a long period of time. I had the opportunity to do that for a full day this month, and that was great
- Having a solo weekend. My partner was out of town on weekend so I did my tech sabbath and focused on alone time and renewal. It was great.
2. What didn’t go so well this month?
- Social plans. I didn’t plan a lot of social events this month. I just didn’t want to…feeling some guilt about this even though I don’t regret it.
- Productivity. I felt like most of my hobbies this month were consumptive and I didn’t create any art, write any letters, journal, etc. Nor was I very productive at work…feeling some guilt here too.
3. What am I working toward?
- Injury prevention. As my lifts keep increasing, I want to focus more on great form, stretching, foam rolling, and generally caring for my body. It can be hard for me to take it easy on any given day, but want to continue to strengthen the voice of my body.
- Mindfulness-based stress reduction. I signed up to take a MBSR course. I was interested in deepening my meditation practice, particularly in my daily life (versus just on the cushion). I am also hoping it will help with injury prevention.
- Creating more art. I want to identify a few projects that are easy enough and that I will enjoy doing. I’m thinking some crafts, probably valentine’s day cards, knitting (likely a hat because that’s all I ever want to knit), and maybe something cooking related.